The Dirt Farmer Foundation is our way of focusing the social media power of the Dirt Farmer’s community to help worthwhile charities.
****HURRICANE SAFETY TIPS****
HURRICANE ALERT - PLEASE SHARE.
If you live in an area or location that might be affected by a HURRICANE OR A BIG STORM follow these instructions from The American Red Cross and BE SAFE!
Hurricanes are strong storms that can be life-threatening as well as cause serious hazards such as flooding, storm surge, high winds and tornadoes. Learn HERE what to do to keep your loved ones safe!
If you are in immediate need of help, please contact your local Red Cross » or find an open shelter »
What Do You Need In A Survival Kit? At a minimum, you should have the basic supplies listed below. Find more information HERE
- Water: one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Food: non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home).
- Flashlight Available on the Red Cross Store
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible) Available on the Red Cross Store
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit Available on the Red Cross Store
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Emergency blanket Available on the Red Cross Store
- Map(s) of the area
PETS SAFETY. In an emergency, your pets will be even more dependent on you for their safety and well-being. Your family’s disaster plans must include your furry family members too. Learn HERE what to do to keep your beloved pets safe!
Click HERE to visit The Dirt Farmer Foundation