The Dirt Farmer Foundation is our way of focusing the social media power of the Dirt Farmer’s community to help worthwhile charities.
Our CAUSE it’s JANUARY or Cause of the Month is
Challenge Athletes Foundation CAF
The Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) provides opportunities and support to people with physical disabilities so they can pursue active lifestyles through physical fitness and competitive athletics. CAF believes that involvement in sports at any level increases self-esteem, encourages independence and enhances quality of life.
Established in 1997, Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) grew out of a desire to assist one athlete paralyzed in a triathlon. From this modest beginning arose a more important mission to make sure people with physical challenges have the same freedom to enjoy sports as everyone else. CAF has 5 main Programs:
- Access for Athletes provides funding grants for equipment and resources for training and competition expenses.
- Operation Rebound for American military personnel, veterans and first responders with permanent physical disabilities.
- Catch a Rising Star provides post-rehabilitation support and mentoring to individuals who have suffered a traumatic injury, have a physically impairing disease or were born with a congenital impairment resulting in a physical disability.
- Reach High provides information, resources and opportunities to people with physical challenges.
- Project N.Ex.T connects physically disabled mentees in San Diego County with similarly disabled mentors.
When you give to the Challenged Athletes Foundation® (CAF), you are making meaningful difference in the lives of people with physical challenges worldwide so they can pursue active lifestyles through physical fitness and competitive athletics. Ways To Give and Fundraising Events